My thoughts: I give it ❤️❤️❤️❤️. What this author has been able to achieve with this new series is a cuteness and sweetness that isn’t toothache inducing or cheesy. There is a great balance of sweetness, humor, and seriousness that follows the issues the characters are having.
Two men take some time away from their homes and family and escape to the Castle of Gadleigh. One is running from his mother and the negative attention he garners from her and her career and the other from a future that he isn’t sure he wants but is approaching fast. They meet by chance and we are swept along with them as they fall in love and have their very own fairy tale.
There are some mishaps along the way of course. I could have done without some of them (his mother). But what we ended up with was a sweet story about two charming men who found love when they weren’t looking for it but took it by force and made personal sacrifices to keep it.
I can’t wait for the next one!
Things I expect to find at Gadleigh Castle:
– Rare stained glass, the subject of my dissertation.
– Peace and quiet, to finish said dissertation.
– An escape from the paparazzi swarming around my starlet mother’s latest blockbuster release.
Things I don’t expect to find:
– A hidden door leading to a secret room.
– The most gorgeous man I’ve ever set eyes on.
Things I know are expected of me in life:
– That I will one day soon become the King of Liorland.
– I will marry a nice woman who will become queen.
– I will provide heirs to my family’s monarchy.
Reasons that might be difficult
– I’m gay.
– I’m falling in love with Felix Wilde.
– He has no idea I’m royal.